Every night before I go to bed I usually try to lay in our girls room for a few minutes or more with my legs on the bed in the asana viparita karani (modified legs up the wall pose). It calms my mind, relaxes my body, and there are clouds painted on the ceiling for me to watch. I actually do, too- it changes day to day on what images I can see in them, even though they are not moving or changing themselves. It's a nice way to stretch out, unwind and soothe my body before I load it up with chemicals so I can have a peaceful night sleep.
Inevitably, my mind wanders to thoughts that sometimes turn into blog posts. I haven't yet gotten into the habit of carrying a notebook of my thoughts around with me everywhere I go to scribble down my random thoughts just yet. I feel like I would maybe need invest in a new pair of birkenstocks and an oversize sweater if I took up the habit at this point in my life. (not that there is anything WRONG with that- I owned a fine set of birks and some oversize irish fishing sweater to knock about in in my day!)
Yet, sometimes, I do get up off the floor and post something, and I'm not at all convinced its really important to anyone else, but I must get the thought out of my mind before it drills holes into my brain or something equally destructive like trying to write poetry.
So tonight, as I was stargazing in my starry, starry night room, I had a few random thoughts I wanted to share here.
1. I figured out I AM my own tragic romance novel. (well, minus the money, drugs, fame and beauty.) Just watched "Love and other drugs" with Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhal. Good movie, made me sad, it hit a little too close to home for me today.
2. Any relaxing yoga pose is not quite so relaxing when you are covered in Aveeno Oatmeal paste and your dog is in the room with you.
3. Dogs appear to REALLY enjoy the taste of aveeno Oatmeal paste.
4. Soothing Native American flute music loses some of it's serenity power when you are forced to listen to the same 3 songs in the hospital for 12 hours straight because someone put the ipod player too far away from the bed to allow me to turn it off or change the station. I just put it on again a month later and had flashbacks to that first horrible night post mastectomy in the hospital. Nope not ready for that music just yet!
5. Lastly, I've noticed that successful, well read blogs usually offer give-aways that relate to what they are blogging about. This keeps their readership interested or at least people popping by to see what they could potentially win. But what would I give away to readers that come here?
6. I think the drugs have kicked in so it's nighty night for now.