"Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavement...Even if it leads nowhere?" ~Adele
Yes, I am in love with Adele. I've had here in one of my Pandora stations for months, not really realizing that she was a relatively new artist on the scene. I will continue to be in love with her even now that she is a big thing.
I get my new boob in three days. The days seem to be dragging. I'm excited to get the tissue expander out, and to start to get to know this newest member of my body. I'm not sure if I will continue to feel this way after the surgery, but right now, it seems that even tho I will have two visible breasts on my body, I will always and ever only have one breast left. Maybe it's just the obvious foreignness of the tissue expander that makes me feel this way, but, even after the implant goes in, I will still have no feeling on that side...left side is just for your viewing pleasure. To that end I've been struggling with what to do with it once it's in place. There is an astounding number of options that I'm faced with:
1. implant, only. Your basic Barbie boob, with a ginormous scar across the front.
2. implant plus nipple nub. Depending on where they get the skin graft from, the nub is either skin colored or not. Up to this point I have been afraid to ask what my options are for skin graft options.
3. implant plus nipple nub plus tattooed color to match the other nipple. This would be the 'matching set' option.
4. implant, no nub, just a tattoo that gives the "trompe d'oeil" effect of having a nipple, only it never gets cold.
5. any of the above 4 options plus a kick ass tattoo that would make it REALLY something to look at.
This is my favorite for a variety of reasons:
It's the sign of "OM" in the middle of a lotus blossom.
According to www.omville.com, "
According to eastern beliefs Lotus bloom symbolizes rebirth. In Buddhism, it is the most essential symbol for spirituality and art.White lotus signifies the state of spiritual perfection; red lotus is related to the purity of the heart and can have the meaning of love and passion. The pink lotus is the perfect of all and stands for the deity, when the blue lotus symbolizes the wisdom of knowledge.
The lotus also denotes truth and enlightenment, especially to those of the Buddhist faith. In a lot of ways, it expresses the quest for truth and enlightenment amongst the darkness and struggles of life. (excerpted from a blog at http://www.types-of-flowers.org/blog/meaning-of-lotus-tattoos/)
My 2nd fave:
|(above the nipple and then swing the stem around it)|
So......Here is the next dilemma I face. I have a few weeks to decide, they will do the nipple procedure when I get the right breast upgraded. Feel free to leave your comment and opinion!
om shanti om.