Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday pm by the pool



"Glory God, oh God is peeking through the blinds

Are we all here standing naked

Taking guesses at the actual date and time

Oh my, justifying reasons why

Is an absolutely insane resolution to live by
Live high

Live mighty

Live righteously

Takin it easy

Live high,

live mighty

Live righteously" ~Jason Mraz


My life has changed drastically since I found out I have breast cancer. My life has not changed at all since I found out I have breast cancer.


Things that have NOT changed since I have been diagnosed:

- zits. At 1 week away from 40, I'm STILL getting them....and usually it's right before I have to go in for surgery or something and I can't put any makeup on them....SUCK!

- Toll Free calls. at least I have caller ID again, and I just get to be annoyed when they actually LEAVE a msg after the beep

- bills and property taxes...blech!

- other people's lives....they keep right on living. it's amazing how that works.

- annoying neighbors. with annoying barky little dogs that bark ALL DAY LONG. Who goes to work and leaves their dogs tied up outside all day long?? or.. are they home and just deaf? seriously?!


Things that have changed since I've been diagnosed.

- I don't really care that I have zits when I go out. I've even left the house without showering OR makeup. really.

- as much as I've bitched and moaned about how small, big, droopy, saggy or stretched out my boobs are, I think I will still miss my left one when it's gone. on the up side...I get new PERKY boobs!

- when I think about how much I care about someone now, I tell them right away. who knows, I might get hit by a car tomorrow and then they would never know.

- I am content to sit outside and watch the rain with my son, and knowing that it will be a moment etched in his memory for the rest of his life.

- I probably won't tell the neighbors they have an annoying, barky dog. or I might, not sure just yet.

- I CAN forgive my mortal enemies, if not in person, then in my heart.

- I understand now that my life isn't meaningless and that I matter to myself and to all the people who know me.


My life has not changed at all since I found out I have breast cancer. My life has changed drastically since I found out I have breast cancer.


peace out....om shanti

1 comment:

  1. you matter a hell of a lot to me! love you, sister from another mister.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE visitors! Please leave a comment...